Patti believes dentistry is no longer just about fixing teeth; dentistry is oral medicine. As a navigator and long-time clinician, she guides audiences through the rough waters of coding. Her efforts have assisted thousands of professionals to code more accurately and efficiently.
In fact, the American Dental Association recognized her expertise by inviting her to write a chapter in its CDT 2017 Companion book and again for CDT 2018 Companion. Patti holds publishing and speaking licenses with ADA for Current Dental Terminology ©2019. Patti shares her insights and expertise through a book series called DentalCodeology–books of easily digestible stories about patients we see every day.
Patti offers for continued learning and growth through her DentalCodeology Insiders group and DentalCodeology Insurance Navigator Method online certification program.
2018 Dentistry Today 20th Annual Leaders in CE
2017 Dentistry Today 19th Annual Leaders in CE
2016 Dentistry Today 18th Annual Leaders in CE
2015 Dentistry Today 17th Annual Leaders in CE
2014 Dentistry Today 16th Annual Leaders in CE
2013 Oral Cancer Foundation
Facebook Feature Friday Recognition
2013 Phillips Sonicare Mentor of Distinction
Illinois Dental Hygienist of the Year
Education and Degrees
National Speakers Association Annual Convention.
2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
Beyond the Operatory Training.
New York, NY. September 21-22, 2011
Moraine Valley College.
Health Information Technology Certificate, 2012
National Dental EDI Council. 2009
Academy of General Dentistry.
Speaker’s Certification Program. 2005
Keller School of Management.
MBA with Certificate in Educational Management. 2001 to date
National Louis University.
Major: Health Care Leadership, 1996
Nitrous Oxide Certification. 1995
William Rainey Harper College.
Major: Dental Hygiene, AAS, 1973
American Dental Association.
SNODENT Licensee. 2014 to date
Current Dental Terminology (CDT) Licensee. 2011 to date
Evidence-Based Champion 2.0. 2008 to date
Velvet Touch Local Anesthesia Certification.
Rockford, IL. 2003
Linda Miles Speaking & Consulting Network Education.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
American Heart Association.
BLS / HeartSaver Instructor. 2010 to date
American Red Cross.
Trainer / Educator. 1995-2010
CPR / Safety Instructor. 1993-2010
Multiple Instructor Cerfications. 1994-2004
ROMA Manual on Dentistry A Light-Hearted Yet Deadly Serious Look at our Profession.
April 15, 2017
DentalCodeology: What Every Dentist Needs to Know about Medicare NOW.
May 15, 2015
DentalCodeology: A Gingivitis Code Finally!
September 1, 2016
DentalCodeology: More than Pocket Change.
DentalCodeology: Jump Start Diagnostic Coding with Christine Taxin.
Lecture & Editorial Board Memberships
Key Influencer Panel, 1999 to date
American Heart Association
Basic Life Support Trainer, 2002 to date
Key Opinion Leaders, 2004 to date
Linda Miles Speaking and Consulting Network
2006 to date
Thought Leaders, 2007 to date
American Academy of Oral Systemic Health
Founding Member, 2010 to date
Membership Chair, 2014
Key Opinion Leader Board, 2009 to date
National Association of Dental Plans
Member, 2014 to date
College of DuPage
Dental Hygiene Advisory Board, October 2015 to date
Continuing Education Programs
- Acceptable Waterline Quality: How Much Is Enough? VIVA webinar. August 23, 2018
- Metrics for Systematic Oral Health Success co-presented with Judy Bendit. Under One Roof RDH Magazine. Baltimore, MD. August 2, 2018
- Insurance Fraud by Accident or Ignorance. Under One Roof RDH Magazine. Baltimore, MD. August 1, 2018
- Teledentistry: Pathway to Prosperity co-presented with Cindy Purdy. Under One Roof RDH Magazine. Baltimore, MD. August 1, 2018
- Finding the Right Treatment Fit. Ft. Meyers Study Club. Ft. Meyers, FL. June 8, 2018
- Acceptable Waterline Quality: How Much Is Enough? California Dental Association. Anaheim, CA. May 18, 2018
- Teledentistry CDT Codes. California Dental Association. Anaheim, CA. May 18, 2018
- Teledentistry: Pathway to Prosperity co-presented with Cindy Purdy. Maine Dental Hygienists’ Association. Freeport, ME. May 12, 2018
- Tides of Change: Practicing in a Digital World. Charter Oak Dental Meeting CT State Dental Association. Uncasville, CT. May 11, 2018
- Oral Health Risk Factor Management and Silver Diamine Fluoride. Cherco Great Lakes Team. North Chicago, IL. December 7, 2017
- Connecting the Dots Coding to Care and New Gingivitis Code. Hawaii Dental Hygienists’ Association. Honolulu, HI. November 19, 2017
- Oral Health Risk Factor Management and Silver Diamine Fluoride. Hawaii Dental Hygienists’ Association. Honolulu, HI. November 18, 2017
- Connecting the Dots Coding to Care and New Gingivitis Code. Empire Meeting Dental Hygienists of State of New York. White
Plains, NY. November 3, 2017
- Finding the Right Treatment Fit. Grand Shores Dental Hygienists Association. Grand Rapids, MI. November 2, 2017
- Looking through the Telescope: A CDT 2018 Update & SNODENT Introduction. Dental Systems, Inc. Houston, TX. October 20, 2017
- Connecting the Dots Coding to Care and New Gingivitis Code. Missouri Dental Hygienists’ Association. Lake Ozark, MO. October 13 2017
- Connecting the Dots Coding to Care and the 2017 Gingivitis Code. Kentucky Academy of General Dentistry, Louisville, KY. December 2 2016
- Tides of Change: Practicing in a Digital World. Kentucky Academy of General Dentistry, Louisville, KY. December 2 2016
- Connecting the Dots Coding to Care and the 2017 Gingivitis Code webinar. Aspen Dental, Syracuse, NY. November 4 2016
- Connecting the Dots Coding to Care and the 2017 Gingivitis Code. Buffalo-Niagara Meeting, Buffalo, NY. November 3 2016
- Connecting the Dots Coding to Care and the 2017 Gingivitis Code. West Central Michigan Chapter AADOM, Lansing, MI. October 27 2016
- Get Updated with CDT 2017 and the New Gingivitis Code to Maximize Income Opportunities Webinar. Audio Educator. October 25 2016
- Connecting the Dots Coding to Care and the 2017 Gingivitis Code Session 2. Wisconsin Dental Hygienists Association, Wisconsin Dells, WI. October 12 2016
- No Strings Attached: Living in a Cordless World. Viva Learning webinar. December 2 2015.
- Become an Oral Health Risk Factor Manager. Greater New York Dental Meeting. New York, NY. November 29 2015
- Why Every Dentist Needs to Know about Medicare NOW. Greater New York Dental Meeting. New York, NY. November 29 2015
- Riding the Wave of the Silver Tsunami. Greater New York Dental Meeting. New York, NY. November 29 2015
- The DiGangi Code: Coding and Coverage: Fact or Fiction for Clinicians. Greater New York Dental Meeting. New York, NY. November 29 2015
- The DiGangi Code: Starting with the Basics. Stepping Stone Dental Partners. Madison, WI. November 20 2015
- Why Every Dentist Needs to Know about Medicare NOW Part 2. Insurance Solutions. November 14 2015
- Tides of Change. Texas Oral Health Coalition. San Antonio, TX. November 7 2015
- The DiGangi Code: Fact or Fiction for Clinicians Update 2015. Audio Educator Webinar. December 12 2014.
- Tides of Change: The DiGangi Code. Seattle Study Club Lewiston ID Intermountain Odontology Study Club. Lewiston, ID. December 9 2014.
- Tides of Change: How Electronic Health Records Will Impact You Now. American Association of Dental Office Managers at Greater New York Dental Meeting. New York, NY. December 1 2014
- Tides of Change: The DiGangi Code. Saginaw Dental Hygienists’ Society. Saginaw, MI. November 21 2014.
- Guidebook to Treating Baby Boomers. DentalEZ Group. VIVA webinars. November 17 2014.
- Riding the Wave of the Silver Tsunami: Guidebook for Treating Baby Boomers. Word of Mouth Oral Health Education. Council Bluffs, IA. November 14 2014
- Riding the Wave of the Silver Tsunami: Guidebook for Treating Baby Boomers. Middlesex Dental Hygienists’ Association. Woburn, MA. October 26 2014.
- The DiGangi Code: Fact or Fiction for Clinicians. Stark County Dental Hygienists’ Association. Canton, OH. October 25 2014.
- Peak Performance: Beyond Your Routine co-presented with Juli Kagan. Center for Laser Periodontics and Implants. Fort Lauderdale, FL. December 7 2013.
- Video for Air Techniques. December 1 2013
- More than Pocket Change: Periodontal Coding for the Hygiene Department. University of Buffalo Continuing Dental Education. Buffalo, NY. November 22 2013
- Tides of Change: Electronic Health Records. University of Buffalo Continuing Dental Education. Buffalo, NY. November 22 2013
- Riding the Wave of the Silver Tsunami: Guidebook for Treating Baby Boomers Webinar. Association of Implant Auxiliaries. November 12 2013
- Challenging your Brain: Becoming a Risk Factor Manager. Schein Alabama/GC America. Huntsville, AL. November 8 2013
- Riding the Wave of the Silver Tsunami: Guidebook for Treating Baby Boomers. Schein Alabama/GC America. Florence, AL. November 7 2013
- Flight Plan: Checklists with Judy Bendit. Schein Cleveland Expo. Cleveland, OH. November 6 2013
Press & Other Publications
• 8 ways to make insurance less of a pain: Patti DiGangi, Interview. Dental Products Reports. December 1, 2017
• New Dentists Use Talent for the New World of Dentistry. Curve Dental Top 10 Tips for New Dentists. November 2017
• A Simple Approach to Minimize Caries Risk, Prevent Tooth Decay & Re-build Enamel. Patterson Dental Newsletter. November 2017.
• The Right- Fit Treatment for Caries Infections. VIVA Learning CE. November 2017.
• Charging Out for Two Visit Perio Maintenance? Thursday TroubleShooter. November 2017.
• Code for Implant Access Hole, Thursday TroubleShooter. November 2017.
• A Dental Codeologist Grass-Roots Movement. Pearls for Practice. 10/1/17
• Fraudulent to diagnose perio disease without full mouth probing? Thursday TroubleShooter. September 16, 2016
• Cracking the Code CE. DentalTown. September 2017
• Most Accurate Code. Thursday TroubleShooter. September 2017
• Different Codes for Zirconia Crowns Vs Emax Crowns? Thursday TroubleShooter.8/24/17
• Is there a dental code to reduce new-patient FMX fee? Thursday TroubleShooter. 8/3/17
• Practicing Up to Code. Sunstar eBrief Interview. August 2017
• Introducing MI Paste ONE: The Right- Fit Treatment. Pearls for Practice. 8/22/17
• Prehabilitation Anticipatory Treatment Plans with Xylitol and More. Pearls for Practice. 8/22/17
• Disappointed with D4346 Misunderstanding. Thursday TroubleShooter. 7/6/17
• Flossing Myths, Evidence and Humor. Dentistry Today Blog. 6/30/17
• Just Try to Stop Us from Helping People: A Chicago-Born Mantra. eVillage/DentistryIQ. 6/29/17
• Precision Fluoride Application and Staying Current with CDT 2017. Pearls for Practice. 6/22/17
• Confusion over new D4346 dental code. Thursday TroubleShooter. 6/1/17
• CPR at UOR: Do You Have the App? eVillage/DentistryIQ. 5/24/17
• D4346 Coding or Training Issues? Dentistry Today Blog. 5/22/17
• Understanding gingival inflammation code D4346: Clearing the Fog. Dental Products Reports. 5/4/17
• Teledentistry Reaches the Tipping Point with CDT 2018 Codes. Pearls for Practice. 4/26/17
• Office Meetings and Training Pays Future Dividends. DentalPost.Net Newsletter. March 26, 2017
• Dental hygienist worries coding she’s told to follow is unethical. Thursday TroubleShooter. March 16,2017
• Black Toothpaste and White Teeth: When Opposites Collide Pearls for Practice. March 15, 2017
• Billing code D4346 A game changer. Friends of Hu-Friedy. March 14, 2017
• Silver Diamine Fluoride: Another Arrow in the Quiver to Defeat Decay with Judy Bendit. Dental Town. March 2017
• Dental hygienist surprised by insurance rejection Thursday TroubleShooter February 16, 2017
• Leaders in Dentistry: Patti DiGangi by Tonya Lanthier and Patti DiGangi. DentalPost Blog. February 8, 2017
• New Gingival Inflammation Code (D4346) and Technology Filling the Gaps RDH Magazine. February 2017
What dentists need to know about the quickly approaching Medicare deadline. Dental Products Report. December 29 2015.
- New CDT Code: Guest Patti DiGangi Provides Insight Dentistry Today Interview 12/1/16
- Kelly-Hitting the Target for a Patient of Record. DentalPost.Net. 1 AGD PACE CEU. Class start 7/25/16
- What’s New in CE? John Stamper Digital Classroom. July 23, 2018 Facebook Live
- What New in Teledentistry Linda Harvey Podcast. July 12. 2018 https://www.lindaharvey.net/resources/podcasts/
- The Digital Classroom https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-7-dentalcodeology/id1265557891?i=1000391699719&mt=2 August 31 2017
- The Dunn Show. https://jmichaeldunn.com/category/the-dental-insiders-podcast/ December 2016
- Ep 53 Patti DiGangi RDH!! Tale of Two Hygienists. November 2016
- 570 DentalCodeology with Patti DiGangi: Dentistry Uncensored with Howard Farran Dentistry Uncensored with Howard Farran. November 2016
- Managing Risk Through Revolutionary Thinking. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. 2015
- Using Downtime. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. 2015
- Higher Production. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. 2015
- 3 Reasons Why a Modern Millennial Hygienists Doesn’t Probe. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. 2014
- 2 F-Words of Dental Hygiene. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. 2014
- 6 New Words in Dentistry. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. 2014
- Breaking the Law Dental Hygiene Style. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. 2014
- Evidence Based Practice. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. 2014
- April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio
- Codependence in the Dental Practice. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio
- 3-2-3 of Alternating Codes. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio
- Three Way to Participate in Dental Practice. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio
- Ignore that Biofilm and Calculus Crosslink BlogTalk Radio
- Stop Blaming the Victim. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio
- The Fake Degree. Crosslink BlogTalk Radio
- Metabolitis: What is That? Crosslink BlogTalk Radio. July 9, 2013